What do we do?
- The establishment of a mechanism for self-regulation of member companies to encourage and enforce the ethical promotion and advertising of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and in-vitro diagnostic devices.
- We ensure and maintain ethical marketing, promotion and advertising of health products by:
- Ensure our stakeholders have access to accurate product information so that patients can access the most appropriate therapy for their condition.
- Encourage our members to abide by the legal, regulatory and professional requirements.
- Retain the independence of Health Care Professionals (HCPs).
- Promote Fair competition
- Enhance the industry image
- Manage the complaints process in terms as outlined in the Code.